Common Sources of Water DamageWater is corrosive, and it relentlessly seeks out breaches and gaps in hoses and pipes. Once it’s no longer contained, the damage can be extensive. Here are some of the most common sources of water-related problems:
Indoor Water Damage
- Hose breaks in washing machines and dishwashers
- Cracks in toilet bowls or sinks
- Frozen or broken pipes
- Condensate leaks in central air conditioners
- Water heater malfunctions
- Refrigerator water line breaks
Outdoor Water Damage
- Water main breaks
- Severe rain
- Ground water flooding
The Water Damage Restoration Process
As soon as you call ServiceMaster 24 Hour, we’ll dispatch one of our expert teams to your home or office to conduct a thorough analysis of the problem and devise an extraction strategy that includes the following elements:
- Water Extraction: All excess water and moisture is removed, and we’ll sanitize and deodorize your home. We specialize in restoring wood items, so you won’t have to worry about your furniture or floors warping in the future.
- Drying: We thoroughly dry your carpets, walls, floors, ceilings and your building’s contents. We remove any active mold colonies, and we apply an anti-microbial to prevent any future mold or fungi growth.
- Pack-out/Pack-in Services: During the time when your home is being treated, you may not have a place to store your belongings. We provide secure dry storage for your valuables, and they’ll be safely returned once the job is completed.
- Duct Inspection and Cleaning: Water damage in ductwork and air handlers provides a perfect environment for mold, mildew, fungi and bacteria growth. We offer comprehensive duct inspection and cleaning services to make sure your HVAC system operates at peak efficiency.